Friday, February 3, 2012

Oxford To Amarillo


Early Thursday morning I sat in the Inn at Ole Miss eating biscuits and gravy, discussing the Mississippi wild dog situation with the waitress. Then I was determined to make Dallas by dinner, but when I saw the exit for Elvis Presley Blvd the urge to visit Graceland was irresistible.

 Turned out to be an hour well spent reliving my youth and learning all about Elvis. While I did it as a "goof", I exited Graceland with a new found respect for the "King".

Back in the car, no stopping except for gasoline and toilet breaks, I arrived in Dallas to met my friend Jon at a great bar/restaurant...The Katy Trail Ice House. We spent the evening chatting with his friends and business associates. Then back to our suite in the Rosewood Crescent Hotel. 



Jon was up and out at the crack of dawn for a flight to Houston. I lounged in the lap of luxury, enjoyed a delicious complimentary breakfast of eggs, bacon and pancakes followed by a drive to Chico to visit "Uncle" Ron.

Ron and I spent time catching up, took Shadow and Sugar to the Vet, had lunch at Ron's favorite Mexican restaurant and I was back in the car for the same drill as the day before. This time the target was the Hampton Inn in Amarillo. It's more humble than the Crescent, but it's home for tonight.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment