Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Home To Michigan

First a note on my failure to keep up with my posts.....Sorry.  I have been stalled on progress toward high points by winter, but I have been developing my mountaineering skills and have used the time to plan and attend to family commitments.
I am sorry to say my Aunt Jean passed away and so I attended her memorial service and visited my Cousin Terry Davis Boyda.

My Aunt Jean was a great inspiration to me, encouraging me to learn, grow and explore.  Just before she died, she wrote "if there is anything that you really want to do in life and you can afford it, do it"....Later she added "do it anyway".  She was always very practical, so that last piece of advice was a bit surprising, but I plan to follow her advice and pursue my dreams to travel and climb some mountains!

My Aunt's Memorial Service took me to Michigan.  My brother Steve did a great job in arranging it.  He and Terry had some lovely words to honor her and I did my best to add my part.  My visit with Steve and Lynn and later with Terry and Chuck was a great chance to reconnect.  Jean was the last of her generation in my family, now we are the patriarchs and matriarchs...

My visit with Terry, at her house in Marshall, included conversation, videos, a great burger at the local bar, training on eBay skills, exercise with Chuck and his buddies and jewelry shopping for Debby before I hit the road for the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in pursuit of my "high point" and some time with my best friend Jeff.  I left refreshed, with a full heart and good memories of my family.  I will think of Jean whenever I take on a new adventure or pursue a dream.

Terry at one of her favorite local restaurants, they were closed :(



Cousin Terry's House In Marshall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment